Scottish Distilleries A-Z Series (11)
Tasting drams from all the Scottish Distilleries from A to Z. The budget for the six bottles at each tasting is $1800. Each tasting will come with six, 1 ounce samples and will be conducted via Zoom.
- Glenfiddich 21-year old (The very definition of “Scotchy-Scotch-Scotch”)
- An Cnoc/Knockdhu 18-year old (So figuring out how to pronounce anCnoc is easier than Knockdhu/Knockando?)
- Bruichladdich 29-year old (We’ve had types of peated Bruichladdich, but this is the unpeated core kind, 1 of 229 bottles)
- Edradour 11-year old (Full Sherry maturation, not just finished, Distillery known for sweet palette )
- Ardmore 22-year old (Another Highland Smoke, 1 of 176 bottles)
- Longrow [Springbank] 21-year old (Old-school Campbeltown peat known for long finish)
This tasting series which happens every two weeks attempts to explore all 160 Scottish distilleries (post-WWII). We will not only taste active distilleries, but also silent famous distilleries. To expand our whisky appreciation, we will taste a variety of styles (single-malt, single-grain; bourbon, sherry, and wine cask; unpeated, peated; older whisky, younger distillate-forward whisky). Bottles are sourced from auctions, distilleries, and private collections and average $300 per bottle. Join our group when you can as we meet every two weeks on Zoom.