Scottish Distilleries A-Z Series (12)
Tasting drams from all the Scottish Distilleries from A to Z. The budget for the six bottles at each tasting is $1800. Each tasting will come with six, 1 ounce samples and will be conducted via Zoom.
- Glentauchers 22-year old (Yet another overlooked distillery with a buttery profile, 1 of 377 bottles)
- Balmenach 30-year old (Another distillery using worm tubs, 1 of 348 bottles)
- Pittyvaich (Silent) 25-year old (Another silent distillery with a Diageo Special Release)
- BenRiach 28-year old (Distillery known for its fruity spirit, 1 of 106 bottles)
- Dalmunach 6-year old (New distillery, had it hit its stride?, 1 of 92 bottles)
- Ballechin [Edradour] (Highland peat in sherry cask, 1 of 302 bottles)
This tasting series which happens every two weeks attempts to explore all 160 Scottish distilleries (post-WWII). We will not only taste active distilleries, but also silent famous distilleries. To expand our whisky appreciation, we will taste a variety of styles (single-malt, single-grain; bourbon, sherry, and wine cask; unpeated, peated; older whisky, younger distillate-forward whisky). Bottles are sourced from auctions, distilleries, and private collections and average $300 per bottle. Join our group when you can as we meet every two weeks on Zoom.