Scottish Distilleries A-Z Series (13)
Tasting drams from all the Scottish Distilleries from A to Z. The budget for the six bottles at each tasting is $1800. Each tasting will come with six, 1 ounce samples and will be conducted via Zoom.
- Dallas Dhu 21-year old (Silent Distillery that was turned in Whisky Museum, 1 of 372 bottles)
- Dalmore Daniel Boulud (Whisky “designed” with Famous Chef)
- Arran 23-year old (One of the few Island Distilleries that does not usually do peated whisky)
- Auchentoshan 26-year old (Distillery known for triple distilling like Irish whisky, 1 of 217 bottles)
- Bladnoch 28-year old (Distillery known for fruity notes, 1 of 69 bottles)
- Ardnamurchan 6-year old (Highland smoke from another new distillery)
This tasting series which happens every two weeks attempts to explore all 160 Scottish distilleries (post-WWII). We will not only taste active distilleries, but also silent famous distilleries. To expand our whisky appreciation, we will taste a variety of styles (single-malt, single-grain; bourbon, sherry, and wine cask; unpeated, peated; older whisky, younger distillate-forward whisky). Bottles are sourced from auctions, distilleries, and private collections and average $300 per bottle. Join our group when you can as we meet every two weeks on Zoom.