Scottish Distilleries A-Z Series (14)
Tasting drams from all the Scottish Distilleries from A to Z. The budget for the six bottles at each tasting is $1800. Each tasting will come with six, 1 ounce samples and will be conducted via Zoom.
- Fettercairn 16-year old (Another re-opened [re-branded] distillery with a sweet palate)
- Benromach 35-year old (An older style Speyside Distillery with a fruity palate)
- Cragganmore 20-year old (A Diego Release from a Distillery that give fruity with a hint of smoke)
- Aberfeldy 24-year old (A distillery known for honey notes, 1 of 244 bottles)
- Kilkerran/Glengyle 16-year old (A re-opened distillery that focuses on ex-Bourbon)
- Ruadh Maor [Glenturret] 8-year old (Distillery known for “bacon” notes, 1 of 380 bottles)
This tasting series which happens every two weeks attempts to explore all 160 Scottish distilleries (post-WWII). We will not only taste active distilleries, but also silent famous distilleries. To expand our whisky appreciation, we will taste a variety of styles (single-malt, single-grain; bourbon, sherry, and wine cask; unpeated, peated; older whisky, younger distillate-forward whisky). Bottles are sourced from auctions, distilleries, and private collections and average $300 per bottle. Join our group when you can as we meet every two weeks on Zoom.