Scottish Distilleries A-Z Series (15)
Tasting drams from all the Scottish Distilleries from A to Z. The budget for the six bottles at each tasting is $1800. Each tasting will come with six, 1 ounce samples and will be conducted via Zoom.
- Dailuaine 22-year old (Another overlooked distillery with a “meaty” profile, 1 of 405 bottles)
- Glen Flagler 8-year old ? (Silent Distillery. This was bottled in the 1970s! Very hard to find)
- Lindores Abbey 3-year old ? (Brand New Distillery with a release old enough to be legally Scotch)
- Kingsbarns 4-year old (Another Brand New Distillery, 1 of 214 bottles)
- Croftengea [Loch Lomond] 16-year old (Brand from prolific Distillery with Highland Smoke profile , 1 of 605 bottles)
- Glen Scotia (Campbeltown peat that has become very popular all of a sudden, 1 of 179 bottles)
This tasting series which happens every two weeks attempts to explore all 160 Scottish distilleries (post-WWII). We will not only taste active distilleries, but also silent famous distilleries. To expand our whisky appreciation, we will taste a variety of styles (single-malt, single-grain; bourbon, sherry, and wine cask; unpeated, peated; older whisky, younger distillate-forward whisky). Bottles are sourced from auctions, distilleries, and private collections and average $300 per bottle. Join our group when you can as we meet every two weeks on Zoom.