Scottish Distilleries A-Z Series (16)
Tasting drams from all the Scottish Distilleries from A to Z. The budget for the six bottles at each tasting is $1800. Each tasting will come with six, 1 ounce samples and will be conducted via Zoom.
- Caledonian 33-year old (Silent Distillery. Very good single grain distillery, 1 of 192 bottles)
- Garnheath 44-year old (Silent Distillery. Another very good single grain distillery, 1 of 152 bottles)
- Tormore 21-year old (Distillery known for typical Speyside Fruity tones, 1 of 260 bottles)
- Loch Lomond 20-year old (Distillery with a wide range of single malts. Spirit from two different types of stills used)
- Balblair 27-year old (One of the better Sherry Cask focused distilleries)
- Isle of Raasay 3-year old (Brand New Distillery with a release old enough to be legally Scotch, Island Smoke)
This tasting series which happens every two weeks attempts to explore all 160 Scottish distilleries (post-WWII). We will not only taste active distilleries, but also silent famous distilleries. To expand our whisky appreciation, we will taste a variety of styles (single-malt, single-grain; bourbon, sherry, and wine cask; unpeated, peated; older whisky, younger distillate-forward whisky). Bottles are sourced from auctions, distilleries, and private collections and average $300 per bottle. Join our group when you can as we meet every two weeks on Zoom.