Scottish Distilleries A-Z Series (17)
Tasting drams from all the Scottish Distilleries from A to Z. The budget for the six bottles at each tasting is $1800. Each tasting will come with six, 1 ounce samples and will be conducted via Zoom.
- Glasgow 3-year old (Brand New Distillery with a release old enough to be legally Scotch)
- Littlemill 23-year old (Silent Distillery. Exciting Woman-Owned Independent Bottler, 1 of 68 bottles. Yes, only 68!)
- Glen Elgin 21-year old (Distillery known for its Fruitiness, 1 of 257 bottles)
- Tullibardine 25-year old (Distillery known for a balance of floral and nutty notes)
- Braeval 17-year old (By a few meters, this is the highest altitude distillery in Scotland, light malt with floral notes)
- Lochindaal [Bruichladdich] 10-year old (Islay peat, rare brand – see notes on why, 1 of 288 bottles)
This tasting series which happens every two weeks attempts to explore all 160 Scottish distilleries (post-WWII). We will not only taste active distilleries, but also silent famous distilleries. To expand our whisky appreciation, we will taste a variety of styles (single-malt, single-grain; bourbon, sherry, and wine cask; unpeated, peated; older whisky, younger distillate-forward whisky). Bottles are sourced from auctions, distilleries, and private collections and average $300 per bottle. Join our group when you can as we meet every two weeks on Zoom.