Scottish Distilleries A-Z Series (20)
Tasting drams from all the Scottish Distilleries from A to Z. The budget for the six bottles at each tasting is $1800. Each tasting will come with six, 1 ounce samples and will be conducted via Zoom.
- Dumbarton 32-year old (Silent Distillery, Single-grain, 1 of 96 bottles)
- Isla of Jura 21-year old (Island Distillery a stone’s throw from Islay, but a world away , 1 of 267 bottles)
- Inchmurrin [Loch Lomond] 12-year old (Brand in the “Sweet, Fruity, and Mellow” category, 1 of 209 bottles)
- Miltonduff 30-year old (Distillery with a light spirit with a texture to it, 1 of 247 bottles)
- Port Ellen 25-year old (One of the best Silent Distilleries that is being resurrected, though it sort of never stopped)
- Mystery Bottle
This tasting series which happens every two weeks attempts to explore all 160 Scottish distilleries (post-WWII). We will not only taste active distilleries, but also silent famous distilleries. To expand our whisky appreciation, we will taste a variety of styles (single-malt, single-grain; bourbon, sherry, and wine cask; unpeated, peated; older whisky, younger distillate-forward whisky). Bottles are sourced from auctions, distilleries, and private collections and average $300 per bottle. Join our group when you can as we meet every two weeks on Zoom.