Scottish Distilleries A-Z Series (21)
Tasting drams from all the Scottish Distilleries from A to Z. The budget for the six bottles at each tasting is $1800. Each tasting will come with six, 1 ounce samples and will be conducted via Zoom.
- Rosebank 19-year old (One of the best Silent Distilleries, 1 of 138 bottles)
- Banff 20-year old (One of the better Silent Distilleries but an unlucky one , 1 of 702 bottles)
- Strathclyde 30-year old (Single-Grain Distillery, this one is in a Sherry Cask(!?), 1 of 248 bottles)
- Mannochmore 22-year old (Distillery with a light spirit that tends to do ok in Sherry Cask, 1 of 490 bottles)
- Talisker 18-year old (Island smoke, overlooked because it begins with T)
- Mystery Malt
This tasting series which happens every two weeks attempts to explore all 160 Scottish distilleries (post-WWII). We will not only taste active distilleries, but also silent famous distilleries. To expand our whisky appreciation, we will taste a variety of styles (single-malt, single-grain; bourbon, sherry, and wine cask; unpeated, peated; older whisky, younger distillate-forward whisky). Bottles are sourced from auctions, distilleries, and private collections and average $300 per bottle. Join our group when you can as we meet every two weeks on Zoom.