Scottish Distilleries A-Z Series (22)
Tasting drams from all the Scottish Distilleries from A to Z. The budget for the six bottles at each tasting is $1800. Each tasting will come with six, 1 ounce samples and will be conducted via Zoom.
- Inverleven 31-year old (Silent Distillery, Known for its buttery style from Lomond Still, 1 of 168 bottles)
- Glen Spey 21-year old (Distillery known for its light oily-nutty character)
- Macduff/Glen Deveron 16-year old (Distillery known for its nutty tones. Port Finish, 1 of 306 bottles)
- Royal Lochnagar 17-year old (Distillery with a light spirit that tends to do well in Sherry Cask)
- Glendullan 10-year old (Distillery with light grassy spirit also best in Sherry Cask, 1 of 262 bottles)
- Inchmoan [Loch Lomond] 25-year old (Brand from prolific Distillery with medium peat on Lomond Still)
This tasting series which happens every two weeks attempts to explore all 160 Scottish distilleries (post-WWII). We will not only taste active distilleries, but also silent famous distilleries. To expand our whisky appreciation, we will taste a variety of styles (single-malt, single-grain; bourbon, sherry, and wine cask; unpeated, peated; older whisky, younger distillate-forward whisky). Bottles are sourced from auctions, distilleries, and private collections and average $300 per bottle. Join our group when you can as we meet every two weeks on Zoom.