Scottish Distilleries A-Z Series (23)
Tasting drams from all the Scottish Distilleries from A to Z. The budget for the six bottles at each tasting is $1800. Each tasting will come with six, 1 ounce samples and will be conducted via Zoom.
- Convalmore 15-year old (Silent Distillery, Known for its Fruity/Waxy Style)
- Glen Garioch 19-year old (Distillery with oily-spicy character, but in a wine cask)
- Cardhu 21-year old (Distillery with fruity-floral character that is the home of Johnny Walker)
- North British 35-year old (Single Grain Distillery that uses predominantly corn, 1 of 170 bottles)
- Scapa 20-year old (Island whisky that is fruity not smoky, 1 of 208 bottles)
- Craiglodge[Loch Lomond] 13-year old (Silent Brand that was medium-peated, 1 of 191 bottles)
This tasting series which happens every two weeks attempts to explore all 160 Scottish distilleries (post-WWII). We will not only taste active distilleries, but also silent famous distilleries. To expand our whisky appreciation, we will taste a variety of styles (single-malt, single-grain; bourbon, sherry, and wine cask; unpeated, peated; older whisky, younger distillate-forward whisky). Bottles are sourced from auctions, distilleries, and private collections and average $300 per bottle. Join our group when you can as we meet every two weeks on Zoom.