Scottish Distilleries A-Z Series (24)
Tasting drams from all the Scottish Distilleries from A to Z. The budget for the six bottles at each tasting is $1800. Each tasting will come with six, 1 ounce samples and will be conducted via Zoom.
- Kinclaith 24-year old (Silent Distillery, one of the rarest that we will try. Only around for 18 years)
- Nc’Nean 3-year old (New Distillery that hits every buzz word possible)
- Strathmill 23-year old (Distillery known for a light and fruity character, 1 of 234 bottles)
- Speyside 28-year old (Distillery with a generic name and generic flavor, 1 of 294 bottles)
- Teaninich 17-year old (Distillery with fragrant exotic grassiness character)
- Inchfad [Loch Lomond] 13-year old (Silent Brand from prolific Distillery with heavy peat, 1 of 212 bottles)
This tasting series which happens every two weeks attempts to explore all 160 Scottish distilleries (post-WWII). We will not only taste active distilleries, but also silent famous distilleries. To expand our whisky appreciation, we will taste a variety of styles (single-malt, single-grain; bourbon, sherry, and wine cask; unpeated, peated; older whisky, younger distillate-forward whisky). Bottles are sourced from auctions, distilleries, and private collections and average $300 per bottle. Join our group when you can as we meet every two weeks on Zoom.