Scottish Distilleries A-Z Series (25)
Tasting drams from all the Scottish Distilleries from A to Z. The budget for the six bottles at each tasting is $1800. Each tasting will come with six, 1 ounce samples and will be conducted via Zoom.
- Mosstowie [Miltonduff] 17-year old (Silent “Distillery”, Lomond Still within Miltonduff for 17 years)
- Tamnavulin 18-year old (Distillery known for light and malty flavor)
- Annandale 3-year old (New Distillery on site of very old distillery)
- Tobermory 18-year old (Island Distillery, but this is the unpeated variety, 1 of 604 bottles)
- Glen Albyn 26-year old (Silent Distillery with old-style light highland smoke)
- Mystery Malt
This tasting series which happens every two weeks attempts to explore all 160 Scottish distilleries (post-WWII). We will not only taste active distilleries, but also silent famous distilleries. To expand our whisky appreciation, we will taste a variety of styles (single-malt, single-grain; bourbon, sherry, and wine cask; unpeated, peated; older whisky, younger distillate-forward whisky). Bottles are sourced from auctions, distilleries, and private collections and average $300 per bottle. Join our group when you can as we meet every two weeks on Zoom.