Scottish Distilleries A-Z Series (26)
Tasting drams from all the Scottish Distilleries from A to Z. The budget for the six bottles at each tasting is $1800. Each tasting will come with six, 1 ounce samples and will be conducted via Zoom.
- North of Scotland 49-year old (Silent Grain Distillery, the oldest bottle we have had yet! 1 of 56 bottles)
- Lochside 18-year old (Silent Distillery known for medium-bodied malt with plenty of orchard fruitiness)
- Strathearn 3-year old (New Micro Distillery among the smallest annual output capacity)
- Tomintoul 30-year old (Distillery with fruity sweet palette, 1 of 192 bottles)
- Millburn 27-year old (Silent Distillery with unique ethereal highland smoke)
- Mystery Malt
This tasting series which happens every two weeks attempts to explore all 160 Scottish distilleries (post-WWII). We will not only taste active distilleries, but also silent famous distilleries. To expand our whisky appreciation, we will taste a variety of styles (single-malt, single-grain; bourbon, sherry, and wine cask; unpeated, peated; older whisky, younger distillate-forward whisky). Bottles are sourced from auctions, distilleries, and private collections and average $300 per bottle. Join our group when you can as we meet every two weeks on Zoom.