Scottish Distilleries A-Z Series (27)
Tasting drams from all the Scottish Distilleries from A to Z. The budget for the six bottles at each tasting is $1800. Each tasting will come with six, 1 ounce samples and will be conducted via Zoom.
- Ladyburn 41-year old (This sample is 0.5 oz) (Silent “Distillery” only in operation for 9 years, very rare! )
- Clydeside 3-year old (New Distillery, Inaugural release)
- Strathisla 13-year old (Distillery known for aging in Sherry Casks, 1 of 912 bottles)
- Tamdhu NAS (Distillery known for its Sherry-bombs)
- Wolfburn NAS (New Distillery at the far North of the Scottish Mainland, lightly peated)
- Mystery Malt
This tasting series which happens every two weeks attempts to explore all 160 Scottish distilleries (post-WWII). We will not only taste active distilleries, but also silent famous distilleries. To expand our whisky appreciation, we will taste a variety of styles (single-malt, single-grain; bourbon, sherry, and wine cask; unpeated, peated; older whisky, younger distillate-forward whisky). Bottles are sourced from auctions, distilleries, and private collections and average $300 per bottle. Join our group when you can as we meet every two weeks on Zoom.