Scottish Distilleries A-Z Series (28)
Tasting drams from all the Scottish Distilleries from A to Z. The budget for the six bottles at each tasting is $1800. Each tasting will come with six, 1 ounce samples and will be conducted via Zoom.
- Killyloch 36-year old (0.5 oz sample) (Silent “Distillery” only in operation for 7 years, only two bottling known! 1 of 371 bottles)
- Benromach Triple Distilled (Repeat Distillery. Let’s try this incredibly affordable bottle)
- Abhainn Dearg Spirit of Lewis (One of the smallest distilleries on a remote Island)
- Holyrood New Make (Brand New Distillery in the heart of Edinburgh, not old enough for whisky)
- Lagg New Make (Brand New Distillery on the Isle of Arran, Peated, not old enough for whisky)
- Mystery Malt: Evaluate and try to guess age, ABV, cask, etc.
This tasting series which happens every two weeks attempts to explore all 160 Scottish distilleries (post-WWII). We will not only taste active distilleries, but also silent famous distilleries. To expand our whisky appreciation, we will taste a variety of styles (single-malt, single-grain; bourbon, sherry, and wine cask; unpeated, peated; older whisky, younger distillate-forward whisky). Bottles are sourced from auctions, distilleries, and private collections and average $300 per bottle. Join our group when you can as we meet every two weeks on Zoom.