Scottish Distilleries A-Z Series (29)
Tasting drams from all the Scottish Distilleries from A to Z. The budget for the six bottles at each tasting is $1800. Each tasting will come with six, 1 ounce samples and will be conducted via Zoom.
- Glencraig 35-year old (Silent “Distillery”. Lomond Still at Glenburgie. 1 of 185 bottles)
- Old Rhosdhu 30-year old (Silent Brand from Loch Lomond, malt on a grain still?)
- GlenWyvis 3-year old (Inaugural Release from New Distillery, 1 of 2000 bottles)
- Glenglassaugh 10-year old (Repeat Distillery. We liked the Px. Let’s try the Oloroso, 1 of 713 bottles)
- Old Ballantruan [Tomintoul] 10-year old (Peated Brand from Speyside Distillery)
- Mystery Malt: Evaluate and try to guess age, ABV, cask, etc.
This tasting series which happens every two weeks attempts to explore all 160 Scottish distilleries (post-WWII). We will not only taste active distilleries, but also silent famous distilleries. To expand our whisky appreciation, we will taste a variety of styles (single-malt, single-grain; bourbon, sherry, and wine cask; unpeated, peated; older whisky, younger distillate-forward whisky). Bottles are sourced from auctions, distilleries, and private collections and average $300 per bottle. Join our group when you can as we meet every two weeks on Zoom.