Scottish Distilleries A-Z Series (30) April 20
Tasting drams from all the Scottish Distilleries from A to Z. The budget for the six bottles at each tasting is $1800. Each tasting will come with six, 1 ounce samples and will be conducted via Zoom.
- Eden Mill 3-year old (New Distillery, 2021 Release, 1 of 800 bottles)
- Glenrothes 11-year old (Repeat Distillery from Douglas of Drumlanrig, 1 of 360 bottles)
- Coleburn 19-year old (Silent Distillery that was an important part of Johnnie Walker)
- Ruadh Maor [Glenturret] 10-year old (Repeat Brand. Hopefully Liquid Bacon goodness, 1of 306 bottles)
- Dunglas 28-year old (Silent “Distillery”. An experimental peated from a Silent Lowland Distillery. 1 of 102 bottles)
- Mystery Malt: Evaluate and try to guess age, ABV, cask, etc.
This tasting series which happens every two weeks attempts to explore all 160 Scottish distilleries (post-WWII). We will not only taste active distilleries, but also silent famous distilleries. To expand our whisky appreciation, we will taste a variety of styles (single-malt, single-grain; bourbon, sherry, and wine cask; unpeated, peated; older whisky, younger distillate-forward whisky). Bottles are sourced from auctions, distilleries, and private collections and average $300 per bottle. Join our group when you can as we meet every two weeks on Zoom.