Scottish Distilleries A-Z Series (31) May 4
Tasting drams from all the Scottish Distilleries from A to Z. The budget for the six bottles at each tasting is $1800. Each tasting will come with six, 1 ounce samples and will be conducted via Zoom.
- Lochlea 3-year old (Brand New Distillery, First Release)
- Magdalene 19-year old (Silent Distillery, one of the 4 Lost Greats)
- Glenlossie 27-year old (Repeat Distillery, we liked the previous SMWS bottle a lot, 1 of 228 bottles)
- Bunnahabhain 18-year old (Repeat Distillery. Bunn. In a Sherry Cask, Yum!, 1 of 292 bottles)
- Rhinns [Bruichladdich] 9-year old (New Brand that is one to watch out for, 1 of 243 bottles)
- Mystery Malt (Can you figure out out: ABV, Region, cask type, distillery, etc?)
This tasting series which happens every two weeks attempts to explore all 160 Scottish distilleries (post-WWII). We will not only taste active distilleries, but also silent famous distilleries. To expand our whisky appreciation, we will taste a variety of styles (single-malt, single-grain; bourbon, sherry, and wine cask; unpeated, peated; older whisky, younger distillate-forward whisky). Bottles are sourced from auctions, distilleries, and private collections and average $300 per bottle. Join our group when you can as we meet every two weeks on Zoom.