Scottish Distilleries A-Z Series (32) May 18
Tasting drams from all the Scottish Distilleries from A to Z. The budget for the six bottles at each tasting is $1800. Each tasting will come with six, 1 ounce samples and will be conducted via Zoom.
- Glen Douglas [Loch Lomond] 4-year old (Silent brand from Loch Lomond, only put out for two years, 1 of 315 bottles)
- Glen Mhor 38-year old (Silent Distillery with a very good reputation for its nose, it was distilled in 1965!)
- North Port/Brechin 28-year old (Silent Distillery from a Diageo Special Release, 1 of 2040 bottles)
- Glenfarclas 9-year old (Repeat Distillery that is always good in Sherry Casks, 1of 227 bottles)
- Caol Ila 10-year old (Repeat Distillery. Smoky Islay goodness! 1 of 298 bottles)
- Mystery Malt (Can you figure out out: ABV, Region, cask type, distillery, etc?)
This tasting series which happens every two weeks attempts to explore all 160 Scottish distilleries (post-WWII). We will not only taste active distilleries, but also silent famous distilleries. To expand our whisky appreciation, we will taste a variety of styles (single-malt, single-grain; bourbon, sherry, and wine cask; unpeated, peated; older whisky, younger distillate-forward whisky). Bottles are sourced from auctions, distilleries, and private collections and average $300 per bottle. Join our group when you can as we meet every two weeks on Zoom.