Scottish Distilleries A-Z Series (33) Jun 1
Tasting drams from all the Scottish Distilleries from A to Z. The budget for the six bottles at each tasting is $1800. Each tasting will come with six, 1 ounce samples and will be conducted via Zoom.
- Chain Pier 3-year old (New [and already Silent] Distillery, 2022 Release, 1 of 234 bottles)
- Glenury Royal 22-year old (Silent Distillery with friends in high places [King William IV], 1 of 287 bottles)
- Inchgower 13-year old (Repeat underrated Distillery that we enjoyed, 1 of 260 bottles)
- Genlochy 32-year old (Silent Distillery. Old-style very light Highland Smoke, 1of 499 bottles)
- Port Charlotte [Bruichladdich] 8-year old (Repeat Distillery. Another wine cask experiment with peat from a series we liked)
- Mystery Malt (Can you figure out out: ABV, Region, cask type, distillery, etc?)
This tasting series which happens every two weeks attempts to explore all 160 Scottish distilleries (post-WWII). We will not only taste active distilleries, but also silent famous distilleries. To expand our whisky appreciation, we will taste a variety of styles (single-malt, single-grain; bourbon, sherry, and wine cask; unpeated, peated; older whisky, younger distillate-forward whisky). Bottles are sourced from auctions, distilleries, and private collections and average $300 per bottle. Join our group when you can as we meet every two weeks on Zoom.