Scottish Distilleries A-Z Series (34) June 29
Tasting drams from all the Scottish Distilleries from A to Z. The budget for the six bottles at each tasting is $1800. Each tasting will come with six, 1 ounce samples and will be conducted via Zoom.
- Tomatin 26-year old (One of two casks that Jim McEwan decided to vat, did he make the right choice?, 1 of 41 bottles)
- Tomatin 26-year old (Jim McEwan decided to vat two casks, did he make the right choice?, 1 of 251 bottles)
- Glenesk 26-year old (Silent Distillery. Distillery with most name changes?, 1 of 240 bottles)
- Glenisla [Glen Keith] 29-year old (Silent Brand. Experimental with peated water, 1of 255 bottles)
- Ledaig [Tobermory] 14-year old (Repeat Distillery. Smoky Island goodness, 1 of 268 bottles)
- Mystery Malt (Can you figure out: ABV, Region, cask type, distillery, etc?)
This tasting series which happens every two weeks attempts to explore all 160 Scottish distilleries (post-WWII). We will not only taste active distilleries, but also silent famous distilleries. To expand our whisky appreciation, we will taste a variety of styles (single-malt, single-grain; bourbon, sherry, and wine cask; unpeated, peated; older whisky, younger distillate-forward whisky). Bottles are sourced from auctions, distilleries, and private collections and average $300 per bottle. Join our group when you can as we meet every two weeks on Zoom.