Scottish Distilleries A-Z Series (35) July 13
Tasting drams from all the Scottish Distilleries from A to Z. The budget for the six bottles at each tasting is $1800. Each tasting will come with six, 1 ounce samples and will be conducted via Zoom.
- Bunnahabhain 27-year old (Repeat Distillery. Peppery and Sweet?, 1 of 195 bottles)
- Tamdhu 18-year old (Repeat Distillery with Sherry Focus. Sold out immediately in the UK, Let’s try before release in the US)
- Strathisla 24-year old (Repeat Distillery. We liked Sherry Cask, Let’s try Bourbon Cask, K&L top pick, 1 of 180 bottles)
- Glenrothes 12-year old (Repeat Distillery. Hello, daddy, hello, mom, I’m your sh-sh-sh-sherry bomb, 1 of 596 bottles)
- Craigduff [Glen Keith or Strathisla?] 40-year old (Silent Brand. Very Rare! Peated experimental whisky, 1 of 616 bottles)
- Mystery Malt (Can you figure out: ABV, Region, cask type, distillery, etc?)
This tasting series which happens every two weeks attempts to explore all 160 Scottish distilleries (post-WWII). We will not only taste active distilleries, but also silent famous distilleries. To expand our whisky appreciation, we will taste a variety of styles (single-malt, single-grain; bourbon, sherry, and wine cask; unpeated, peated; older whisky, younger distillate-forward whisky). Bottles are sourced from auctions, distilleries, and private collections and average $300 per bottle. Join our group when you can as we meet every two weeks on Zoom.