Scottish Distilleries A-Z Series (36) July 27
Tasting drams from all the Scottish Distilleries from A to Z. The budget for the six bottles at each tasting is $1800. Each tasting will come with six, 1 ounce samples and will be conducted via Zoom.
- Ben Wyvis 27-year old (Silent Distillery operated for 11 years. Very Rare!, 1 of 471 bottles)
- Macallan 12-year old (Repeat Distillery. Same vatting, but finished in Ex-Bourbon, 1 of 269 bottles)
- Macallan 12-year old (Repeat Distillery. Same vatting, but finished in Oloroso, 1 of 322 bottles)
- Macallan 12-year old (Repeat Distillery. Same vatting, but finished in PX, 1 of 287 bottles)
- Cu Bocan [Tomatin] NAS (New Brand. A lightly peated Speyside, unique cask combination)
- Mystery Malt (Can you figure out: ABV, Region, cask type, distillery, etc?)
This tasting series which happens every two weeks attempts to explore all 160 Scottish distilleries (post-WWII). We will not only taste active distilleries, but also silent famous distilleries. To expand our whisky appreciation, we will taste a variety of styles (single-malt, single-grain; bourbon, sherry, and wine cask; unpeated, peated; older whisky, younger distillate-forward whisky). Bottles are sourced from auctions, distilleries, and private collections and average $300 per bottle. Join our group when you can as we meet every two weeks on Zoom.