Scottish Distilleries A-Z Series (6) May 12
Tasting drams from all the Scottish Distilleries from A to Z. The budget for the six bottles at each tasting is $1800. Each tasting will come with six, 1 ounce samples and will be conducted via Zoom.
Join us, with whisky enthusiast Stuart Berkowitz, on a journey through 150 Scottish Whisky distilleries. Every two weeks, we will taste six collector-series bottlings, until we have virtually visited all 150 distilleries (or as close as we can get). We will not only taste active distilleries, but also silent famous distilleries. To expand our whisky appreciation, we will taste a variety of styles (single-malt, single-grain; bourbon, sherry, and wine cask; unpeated, peated; older whisky, younger distillate-forward whisky). Bottles are sourced from auctions, distilleries, and private collections. In some cases, there might only be 200-300 bottles ever made for that whisky. You may never get a chance to try some of these whiskies again! The expressions will be from a variety of Independent Bottlers as well as distillery bottlings; wherever we can find the best quality/price trade-off. While not slaves to ratings, ALL whiskies will be highly rated.
What’s included: Each tasting will come with six, 1 ounce samples. Target average price of each bottle will be $300. There may be weeks where we are pouring even more expensive bottles, and that we only provide 4 or 5 samples. Each tasting will be conducted via Zoom as we go on this tasting journey with Stuart and other whisky enthusiasts.
• Glenkinchie 24-year old (Diageo special release)
• Dufftown 10-year old (Cooper’s Choice with good nose, 1 of 354 bottles)
• Glenrothes 12-year old (Distillery known for its honey-tones, SMWS “Inferno Toffee Pudding”, 1 of 558 bottles)
• Blair Athol 27-year old (Another Octave premium, final maturation in small casks, 1 of 80 bottles)
• Ailsa Bay (Release 1.2 Sweet Smoke, whisky made in an experimental lab by Oompa-Loompas, smoky)
• Octomore 10-year old (The peatiest whisky on the planet)